f you have participated in youth soccer at any level, you have likely had questions about how it all works.
- What is the difference between recreation, competition, and club?
- What is The DA, or ECNL, or the NPL?
- What organizations are actually affiliated with US Soccer and who is US Club Soccer?
- How does a youth player get scouted and selected to play for a US National Team?
- And how does it all tie in with high school, college and professional soccer?
We tried to find a graphic or article somewhere that answered these questions but couldn't find anything. So we created one! We hope this helps you make sense of it all. We are planning to write some additional articles about how our soccer system compares with those in other countries and how it compares to our other sports programs in the US. Please reach out to us to let us know if we missed something here or if you have any questions or comments.